It's Party Time
Super Bowl 51 kicks off Sunday night in Houston, TX. Are you hosting a party this year? We've got everything you need to start your party prepping and planning. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
Our oils and vinegars are the perfect ingredients or finishing touches to take your Super Bowl snacks from good to great.
Slow Cooker Smokey Italian Pulled Pork Sliders
1 pork tenderloin
Hickory Dark Balsamic Vinegar
salt and pepper
1. Heat up slow cooker on lowest setting. Season pork tenderloin with salt and pepper, on all sides. Place in the slow cooker.
2. Drizzle EVOO and vinegar over pork tenderloin.
3. Cook on low for 4 hours. Check every 30 minutes and turn over, so that all sides are covered with oil and vinegar.
4. At 4 hours, remove pork from slow cooker, and shred or "pull" with a fork. Serve on buns with desired condiments and sides.
Spinach and Caramelized Onion Dip
(adapted from Real Simple)
2 medium onions, chopped
Fleur de Sel salt and pepper
2 cups sour cream
1 package (10-ounce) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
1 tablespoon Jalapeño White Balsamic Vinegar
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl, and let cool.
2. Add sour cream, spinach, vinegar, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to the onions and stir until combined.
3. Serve with fresh veggies and crackers.
Kickin' Chicken Nachos
2 cloves garlic, crushed
6 green onions, thinly sliced (green and white parts separated)
3 tablespoons Jalapeno EVOO
1 whole cooked chicken breast, shredded
Chile Lime Margarita Salt
1 cup salsa
1/2 large bag of tortilla chips
1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar/Monterey jack cheese blend
1/2 large tomato, diced
Garlic Cilantro Balsamic Vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add EVOO and allow to heat. Add garlic and white parts of the green onions and cook until tender. Add shredded chicken, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix until coated with oil. Stir in salsa.
3. Arrange tortilla chips on a baking sheet. Spoon chicken mixture over chips. Top with shredded cheese and tomato. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with green parts of sliced green onions and drizzle with vinegar.
-- Drizzle hummus with Meyer Lemon EVOO and serve with fresh veggies, crackers, and pita chips.
-- Add our Serrano Chili Honey Vinegar to your hot wings recipe
-- Make a pot of chili with our River Road Chili Mix and garnish with our Crimson Hot Sauce from Bravado Spice Company.
-- Serve Mom's Veggie Dip with your hot wings.
-- Try our dessert cheeseball mixes with fresh fruit, gingersnaps, vanilla wafers, and graham crackers.
We can help you plan a spectacular Super Bowl spread. Come down to the shop today.
- Lisa Emmert