Smokedelic Chili Baby! 0
A mouth-watering, smoked chili the whole family will love.
2 lbs. ground beef
3- 14.5 oz. cans of diced tomatoes
1- 15.5 can of dark kidney beans
1- 16oz. can of pinto beans
1 large white onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
3 roasted red chilis, diced
1 tsp. Fleur de Sel sea salt
3/4 cups Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar
3 cloves Chipotle marinated garlic, diced
1 tbs. Garlic infused olive oil
4 tbs. Blackened Seasoning
2-3 Hickory smoking chunks
Directions:1. Fire up your Big Green Egg to 250 degrees.
2. Once your Egg has reached 250 degrees, add your hickory smoking chunks and place your convEGGtor inside.
3. Once your grill has reached 250 degrees with the convEGGtor in place, place your Dutch oven on your cooking grate.
4. Add your garlic olive oil and onions to the dutch oven. Saute for 2-3 minutes, then add your bell peppers, roasted chilis, and your garlic cloves.
5. Once the vegetables are soft, add salt and pepper to taste, then bring to a simmer.
6. Add your Lambrusco vinegar, pinto beans, kidney beans, and diced tomatoes. Stir until combined.
7. Knead the ground beef and blackened seasoning together, then roll into a large ball.
8. Place a perforated cooking grid on top of your dutch oven, then place your meatball in the center of your perforated cooking grid.
9. Smoke at 250 degrees for about 3 hours, or until the meatball reaches 140 degrees internally.
10. Remove the meatball and perforated cooking grid. Chop your meatball into small chunks, then add it to your dutch oven. Stir until combined.
11. Smoke for an additional hour, stirring occasionally.
12. Top your chili with shredded cheese or chives, serve, and ENJOY!
Baby Boomers 0
These baby potatoes are BOOMING with flavor!
Ingredients:2 quarts of water
2 tbsp. Fleur De Sel Sea Salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 lbs. baby potatoes, washed and halved
3 tbsp. White Truffle infused Olive Oil
3 tsp. Italian Black Truffle infused Sea Salt
1 clove Riesling Marinated Garlic, minced
Black Pepper to taste
Directions:1. Set your EGG to 450 degrees, convEGGtor in place.
2. In a Dutch oven, heat 2 quarts of water until boiling.
3. Add the Fleur De Sel sea salt, baking soda, and potatoes. Stir.
4. Get your water back to a roiling boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, or until a knife inserted into a potato meets little resistance.
5. Drain the potatoes and allow them to rest in the Dutch oven for 2-3 minutes, so the extra water can evaporate.
6. Remove the potatoes from the Dutch oven and place them in a large bowl.
7. In the Dutch oven, mix the White Truffle olive oil, 2 tsp. of the Black Truffle sea salt, the garlic clove, and a pinch of black pepper.
8. Place the Dutch oven back onto the EGG, and stir until garlic clove begins to turn brown.
9. Add the potatoes to the Dutch oven. Season to taste with the last tsp. of Black Truffle sea salt and pepper if needed. Toss the potatoes until a layer of potato paste has built up.
10. Transfer the potatoes to a Perforated Cooking Grid, spreading them out evenly.
11. Place them back on the EGG and roast them without stirring for about 20 minutes.
12. After the 20 minutes, turn all the potatoes with a metal spatula.
13. Continue roasting the potatoes until they're a deep, golden brown (about another 30 to 40 minutes). Turn them every so often to prevent them from sticking.
14. Remove them from the EGG, top them with a sprinkle of Black Truffle Sea Salt, and Enjoy!