Evilo Blog — Vintage Merlot Sea Salt
Happy Hour 0
Plans are in full swing for New Year's Eve parties, bowl game watch parties, and other celebrations. And the beginning of the new year is the perfect time to try new things. You may be surprised to learn that olive oil and vinegars can be used as ingredients to create delicious and refreshing cocktails. If you are unsure about how to use these unconventional ingredients, keep reading. We've included suggestions and recipes for outstanding cocktails that your guests will enjoy.
Olive Oil Cocktails
Gin and vodka can be "washed" or infused with olive oil to give an extra richness to your cocktails. You can use an unflavored olive oil or any of our infused olive oils.
Oil-Washed Vodka or Gin
250 ml. vodka
45 ml. high-quality extra virgin olive oil
Combine vodka and oil in a freezer-safe container and let sit at room temperature for 5 days to infuse. Place the container in the freezer. Once the oil has solidified, scrape it away and discard.
Extra Virgin Martini
(from Chef Todd English)
1 orange segment
3 to 5 fresh basil leaves
3 oz vodka
½ oz dry vermouth
½ oz Cointreau
¼ oz simple syrup
¼ oz extra virgin olive oil
Muddle the orange segment and basil leaves in a mixing tin. Add the vodka, Cointreau, vermouth, simple syrup, olive oil, and ice, and shake well. Strain into a martini glass and float an additional drop of olive oil over the top.
The Extra Virgin Cocktail
(from The Fig and Olive)
2 ounces cucumber vodka
1 ounce blood orange
3/4 ounce lime juice
1/2 ounce simple syrup
1/2 ounce Blood Orange EVOO
1/2 celery sprig
1. Chop up celery sprig and muddle inside mixing tin; then add in blood orange olive oil after the celery is muddled
2. Add juice and syrup to mixing tin
3. Add 2 ounces cucumber vodka
4. Add ice
5. Shake and strain over fresh ice
6. Add splash of soda
7. Add celery sprig for garnish
Cocktails with Balsamic Vinegar
Balsamic Lemonade and Vodka Cocktail
(from What's Gaby Cooking)
10 lemons, juiced, approx 1 cup of lemon juice
3/4 cup super fine sugar
4 cups water
1 - 2 tsp 25 Star Balsamic Vinegar (start with 1 tsp, test it, and add more if desired)
1 cup vodka
Combine the lemon juice, sugar and water in a large pitcher and mix to combine. Add the Balsamic Vinegar and taste. Adjust amount of balsamic if needed. Add the vodka and stir.
Strawberry Basil Balsamic Shrub with Gin
A bunch of strawberries, very ripe
Strawberry White Balsamic Vinegar
Sparkling water or club soda
Cut the strawberries into chunks and toss them with sugar in a bowl until they’re well-coated. Put it in the fridge overnight until the sugar has dissolved.
Strain the syrup out, squeezing out the solids, and mix with an equal part balsamic vinegar. Put it in a jar in the fridge and shake it once or twice a day.
Make a basil simple syrup, by combining one cup of water with one cup of sugar and add a ton of basil to and let sit until it dissolved.
In a tall glass, add equal parts gin and strawberry balsamic shrub and about half the amount of the basil syrup. Top with sparkling water for a little fizz and add a festive straw.
Dark Chocolate Balsamic Martini
(from Scout Mob)
Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
•Rim two chilled martini glasses with lavender sugar
• Chill approximately 3 ounces of vodka in the cocktail shaker
• Add 1 tablespoon of dark chocolate balsamic vinegar
• Shake all ingredients and strain into glasses
For the Glass
We also have the perfect garnishes for your cocktail glasses. From hot and spicy to smokey to savory, you're sure to like one of these:
-- Ghost Pepper salt
-- Chili Lime Margarita salt
-- Bloody Mary salt
-- Vintage Merlot salt
Friday Favorites 0
At the top of our list this week, we highlight 2 new products that we are so excited about.
1. Bravado Spice Company Hot Sauces: Your wish is our command! Many of you asked for hot sauces, and we've found the perfect sauces to complement our oils and vinegars. We're happy to offer Bravado Spice Company's complete line of hot sauces. Crafted in Houston, TX, these sauces have more than just heat. They are bursting with fresh, bold flavors that you are going to love. Choose from the following options:
-- Crimson: This red sauce features red jalapeño and arbol peppers.
-- Pineapple and Habanero: A sweet and spicy combination of habanero peppers and pineapple and a dash of yellow bell peppers and garlic.
-- Jalapeno and Green Apple: Green apple elevates jalapeño and poblano peppers in this flavorful green sauce.
-- Ghost Pepper and Blueberry: For the truly adventurous, this sauce is spicy, unusual, and completely delicious. It combines blueberries, raspberries, ghost peppers, and black pepper.
2. What's Cookin' Cobblers: These decadent cobblers are made right here in Hot Springs, and they are flying off the shelves. We love them so much, and evidently you do too. We sold out last weekend, but not to worry, we are restocked for this weekend and Black Friday. Choose from these 3 heavenly flavors:
-- Chocolate Cobbler: This is so decadent and tastes great with vanilla ice cream. Drizzle one of our vinegars over the top, such as: Mocha Almond Fudge, Chocolate, Espresso, Maple, Pecan Praline, Vanilla, or Bordeaux Cherry Dark Balsamic Vinegar. Also, a little sprinkle of Vintage Merlot Finishing Salt tastes great, too.
-- Easy Peach Cobbler: Tastes better than mom's, but it's twice as easy to prepare. Top it off with some ice cream and then a drizzle of one of our vinegars, such as: Peach or Coconut White Balsamic or Pecan Praline, Vanilla, or Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegars.
-- Strawberry White Chocolate Cobbler: This winning combination will taste great with a drizzle of our Chocolate or Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar or Strawberry White Balsamic Vinegar.
3. Holiday Lights at Garvan Woodland Gardens: It's that time!! Holiday Lights kicks off on Saturday at Garvan Woodland Gardens. This event continues until December 31.
Make it a great weekend!
- Lisa Emmert
- Tags: Bordeaux Cherry Dark Balsamic Vinegar Bravado Spice Company Hot Sauces Chocolate Dark Balsamic Vinegar Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar Espresso Dark Balsamic Vinegar Friday Favorites Garvan Gardens Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar Mocha Almond Fudge Dark Balsamic new product Peach White Balsamic Vinegar Pecan Praline Dark Balsamic Vinegar Strawberry White Balsamic Vinegar Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar Vintage Merlot Sea Salt What's Cookin' Cobblers