Evilo Blog — Garlic EVOO
Mama Mia! 0
A quick and easy Margarita Pizza!
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. Fleur De Sel sea salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp. Garlic infused olive oil
1 cup crushed tomatoes
2-3 cloves Riesling Marinated Garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp. Basil infused olive oil
2-3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
7 oz. sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
2-3 tbsp. Sassy Italian Bread Dipper
2 tbsp. cornmeal
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
2. Stir in the milk and the Garlic infused olive oil until a dough forms.
3. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead 10 times. Shape the dough into a ball and let it rest for 10 minutes.
4. Preheat your oven and pizza stone to 550 degrees.
5. In a medium bowl, mix the tomatoes, minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of the Basil infused olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Sprinkle an aluminum pizza peel with the cornmeal. Gently roll your dough into a 10 to 12 inch circle and transfer to the pizza peel.
7. Brush the dough with the remaining Basil infused olive oil. Using a large spoon, add the tomato mixture to the top of your dough, leaving about a 1/2 inch boarder around the edge.
8. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese over the tomato mixture, then evenly lay out your mozzarella slices. Sprinkle the top with the Sassy Italian Bread Dipper.
9. Gently slide the pizza from the pizza peel onto the baking stone.
10. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and the edges are golden brown.
11. Remove the pizza from the oven and transfer to a cutting board. An additional drizzle of Basil infused olive oil can be added if so desired.
12. Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese, slice, and ENJOY!
This recipe can also be made on the Big Green Egg! Just don't forget your ConvEGGtor!
Smokedelic Chili Baby! 0
A mouth-watering, smoked chili the whole family will love.
2 lbs. ground beef
3- 14.5 oz. cans of diced tomatoes
1- 15.5 can of dark kidney beans
1- 16oz. can of pinto beans
1 large white onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
3 roasted red chilis, diced
1 tsp. Fleur de Sel sea salt
3/4 cups Italian Lambrusco Red Wine Vinegar
3 cloves Chipotle marinated garlic, diced
1 tbs. Garlic infused olive oil
4 tbs. Blackened Seasoning
2-3 Hickory smoking chunks
Directions:1. Fire up your Big Green Egg to 250 degrees.
2. Once your Egg has reached 250 degrees, add your hickory smoking chunks and place your convEGGtor inside.
3. Once your grill has reached 250 degrees with the convEGGtor in place, place your Dutch oven on your cooking grate.
4. Add your garlic olive oil and onions to the dutch oven. Saute for 2-3 minutes, then add your bell peppers, roasted chilis, and your garlic cloves.
5. Once the vegetables are soft, add salt and pepper to taste, then bring to a simmer.
6. Add your Lambrusco vinegar, pinto beans, kidney beans, and diced tomatoes. Stir until combined.
7. Knead the ground beef and blackened seasoning together, then roll into a large ball.
8. Place a perforated cooking grid on top of your dutch oven, then place your meatball in the center of your perforated cooking grid.
9. Smoke at 250 degrees for about 3 hours, or until the meatball reaches 140 degrees internally.
10. Remove the meatball and perforated cooking grid. Chop your meatball into small chunks, then add it to your dutch oven. Stir until combined.
11. Smoke for an additional hour, stirring occasionally.
12. Top your chili with shredded cheese or chives, serve, and ENJOY!
It's Party Time 0
Super Bowl 51 kicks off Sunday night in Houston, TX. Are you hosting a party this year? We've got everything you need to start your party prepping and planning. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
Our oils and vinegars are the perfect ingredients or finishing touches to take your Super Bowl snacks from good to great.
Slow Cooker Smokey Italian Pulled Pork Sliders
1 pork tenderloin
Hickory Dark Balsamic Vinegar
salt and pepper
1. Heat up slow cooker on lowest setting. Season pork tenderloin with salt and pepper, on all sides. Place in the slow cooker.
2. Drizzle EVOO and vinegar over pork tenderloin.
3. Cook on low for 4 hours. Check every 30 minutes and turn over, so that all sides are covered with oil and vinegar.
4. At 4 hours, remove pork from slow cooker, and shred or "pull" with a fork. Serve on buns with desired condiments and sides.
Spinach and Caramelized Onion Dip
(adapted from Real Simple)
2 medium onions, chopped
Fleur de Sel salt and pepper
2 cups sour cream
1 package (10-ounce) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
1 tablespoon Jalapeño White Balsamic Vinegar
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl, and let cool.
2. Add sour cream, spinach, vinegar, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to the onions and stir until combined.
3. Serve with fresh veggies and crackers.
Kickin' Chicken Nachos
2 cloves garlic, crushed
6 green onions, thinly sliced (green and white parts separated)
3 tablespoons Jalapeno EVOO
1 whole cooked chicken breast, shredded
Chile Lime Margarita Salt
1 cup salsa
1/2 large bag of tortilla chips
1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar/Monterey jack cheese blend
1/2 large tomato, diced
Garlic Cilantro Balsamic Vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add EVOO and allow to heat. Add garlic and white parts of the green onions and cook until tender. Add shredded chicken, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix until coated with oil. Stir in salsa.
3. Arrange tortilla chips on a baking sheet. Spoon chicken mixture over chips. Top with shredded cheese and tomato. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with green parts of sliced green onions and drizzle with vinegar.
-- Drizzle hummus with Meyer Lemon EVOO and serve with fresh veggies, crackers, and pita chips.
-- Add our Serrano Chili Honey Vinegar to your hot wings recipe
-- Make a pot of chili with our River Road Chili Mix and garnish with our Crimson Hot Sauce from Bravado Spice Company.
-- Serve Mom's Veggie Dip with your hot wings.
-- Try our dessert cheeseball mixes with fresh fruit, gingersnaps, vanilla wafers, and graham crackers.
We can help you plan a spectacular Super Bowl spread. Come down to the shop today.
Going, Going, Gone 0
As we move into 2017, we're discounting Fall Flavors to make way for everything the new year has to bring. While supplies last, all things pumpkin are 50% off. This includes:
-- Pumpkin Pie Spice White and Dark Balsamic Vinegars: These are both perfect for drizzling over roasted sweet potatoes or roasted butternut or acorn squash. They also taste great poured over ice cream. One of our regular customers adds a tablespoon to her pancake batter. Pairs well with Cinnamon Infused EVOO, Butter Infused EVOO.
-- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dessert Mix: Add softened cream cheese to make a delicious cheeseball to serve with gingersnaps, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, or fruit. Or, for a real treat, add softened cream cheese and Cool Whip to make a pie filling.
We're also discontinuing 500 ml bottles of our oils and vinegars. However, we have a few bottles left, which are discounted 20%, while supplies last. We have the following available:
-- Mocha Almond Fudge Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Drizzle over berries or ice cream. Also add a little to coffee. Pairs well with Blood Orange EVOO, Chipotle EVOO.
-- Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Drizzle a little over pancakes or waffles, or add some to the batter. Also makes a great glaze for pork or bacon. Pairs well with: Blood Orange EVOO, Chipotle EVOO, Cinnamon Infused EVOO, Butter Infused EVOO, Basil EVOO, and Meyer Lemon EVOO.
-- Espresso Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Use as a marinade for steak, chicken, or pork chops. Drizzle over finished steaks before serving. Also adds flavor to stews. Pairs well with Blood Orange EVOO, Chipotle EVOO, Garlic EVOO, Meyer Lemon EVOO, and Tuscan Herb EVOO.
-- Lavender Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Makes a delicious marinade for chicken. Also great for roasting new potatoes or using in vinaigrettes. Pairs well with Herbs de Provence EVOO, Persian Lime EVOO, Basil EVOO, Blood Orange EVOO, Tuscan Herb EVOO, and Meyer Lemon EVOO.
-- Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Delicious drizzled over berries, brownies, ice cream, or all three together! Makes an incredible vinaigrette with Blood Orange EVOO. Also pairs well with: Chipotle EVOO, Butter Infused EVOO, Meyer Lemon EVOO, and Persian Lime EVOO.
-- Lemongrass Mint Dark Balsamic Vinegar: Brings an enticing Thai flavor to any dish, and also enhances Asian dishes. Perfect for dressing cold noodles, salads or in a dipping sauce for spring rolls, lettuce wraps, etc. Pairs well with Basil EVOO, Persian Lime EVOO, Chipotle EVOO, Basil Lemongrass EVOO, and Meyer Lemon EVOO.
-- Cinnamon Infused EVOO: Absolutely wonderful for baking muffins or quick breads. Also a great addition to pancake or waffle batter. Use for roasting sweet potatoes, yams, butternut squash, or acorn squash. Pairs well with Pear White Balsamic Vinegar, Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar, Pumpkin Pie Spice Dark or White Balsamic Vinegar, Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar, or Pecan Praline Dark Balsamic Vinegar.
- Lisa Emmert
- Tags: Basil EVOO Blood Orange EVOO Butter Infused EVOO Chipotle EVOO Cinnamon Infused EVOO Espresso Dark Balsamic Vinegar Garlic EVOO Herbes de Provence EVOO Lavender Dark Balsamic Vinegar Lemongrass Mint Dark Balsamic Vinegar Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar Meyer Lemon EVOO Mocha Almond Fudge Dark Balsamic Pear White Balsamic Vinegar Pecan Praline Dark Balsamic Vinegar Persian Lime EVOO pumpkin cheesecake dessert mix Pumpkin Pie Spice Balsamic Vinegar Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic Vinegar Tuscan herb EVOO Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar
Flavors of the Week, 1/2/17 2
We're starting off 2017 with a BANG! We featured some incredible flavors this week. Run, don't walk, downtown to the shop and try out these tasty delights!
-- Lavender and Basil: So fresh and light, yet full of flavor! Basil EVOO and Lavender Dark Balsamic Vinegar are a match made in EvilO heaven. This combo will take salads, roasted veggies, and chicken to the next level.
-- Spicy Garlic: This combination of Garlic EVOO and Jalapeño White Balsamic Vinegar is perfect for anything you want to throw on the grill. Individually, this jalapeño vinegar tastes incredible drizzled on tacos, pico, guacamole, salsa, and fajitas.
-- Tuscan Peach: My favorite pairing this week brings together Tuscan Herb EVOO and Peach White Balsamic Vinegar. This tastes simply divine. Perfect for bread dipping, salads, veggies, chicken, pork, you name it. This is a must-taste pairing.
-- Citrus Dipper: We poured our Tres Oliva EVOO from Spain and sprinkled it with the Mediterranean Citrus Herb Bread Dipper. It makes a yummy and flavorful appetizer or snack.
-- Cheeburger Cheeburger Soup: In the crockpot, we are featuring this cheesy take on the All-American dish. It is perfect for these rainy days we've experienced lately.
-- White Chocolate Peppermint Pie: We often sample our White Chocolate Peppermint Cheeseball, but this week we made it into a pie. Game. Changer. Mix thawed Cool Whip, softened cream cheese, and this mix for a delicious filling. Next, pour it into a chocolate graham cracker crust. So easy, so delicious.
Here's to a great 2017. Let us know which oil or vinegar is your favorite for the new year
Get Lucky in 2017 0
It's a tradition as Southern as SEC Football.....beginning the new year with a pot of black-eyed peas to bring luck and prosperity in the upcoming year. Whether you serve your peas at a large family gathering or a quiet meal for two, we have all the ingredients to make your black-eyed peas extra special.
We have a variety of olive oils and balsamic vinegars to accompany your peas and take them from good to great. For a smokey flavor, add a dash of Smokey Hickory or Chipotle EVOO or Hickory Dark Balsamic Vinegar. To heat things up, try Jalapeño or Habanero EVOO or Jalapeño White Balsamic Vinegar. And you can never, ever go wrong with a touch of garlic. Try Garlic Mushroom or Garlic EVOO or Garlic Dark Balsamic Vinegar.
If you plan to serve cornbread with your peas, we suggest using Jalapeño or Rosemary EVOO to prepare the cornbread or for frying your cornbread.
Spice It Up
If you like your peas spicy, we've got you covered. Try one of our Bravado Spice Company hot sauces and heat things up. If you love traditional red hot sauces, Crimson is just right for you. But, if you want something more exotic, you'll love Pineapple/Habanero or Jalapeño/Green Apple. And for the truly adventurous, try the Blueberry/Ghost Pepper. We also carry seasonings from Bravado Spice Company that will heat things up, too.
Right before serving, add a touch of one of our delectable finishing salts. We offer a variety of flavors that will suit every palate. Our favorites for peas and beans include: Hickory Smoked, Alderwood Smoked, and Kentucky Bourbon Smoked.
However you serve your black-eyed peas, we want to thank you for your business in 2016, and we hope 2017 is your best year yet.
- Lisa Emmert
- Tags: Alderwood Smoked Salt Bravado Spice Company Hot Sauces Chipotle EVOO Garlic Dark Balsamic Vinegar Garlic EVOO Garlic Mushroom EVOO Habanero EVOO Hickory Dark Balsamic Vinegar Hickory Smoked Salt jalapeno EVOO jalapeño white balsamic vinegar Kentucky Bourbon Smoked Salt Rosemary EVOO smokey hickory EVOO