Evilo Blog — ConvEGGtor
Leggo My EGGrolls! 0
Evilo's Pulled Pork EGGrolls baked on the Big Green Egg!
BGE Simply Zensational Seasoning
Brenda's Country Coleslaw Mix
1 bag shredded slaw mix
1/2 cup mayo
1 egg, scrambled
1-2 tsp. Scallion infused Olive Oil
1. Rub the pork butt down in the Simply Zensational seasoning.
2. Preheat your EGG to 250 degrees, convEGGtor in place.
3. Cook the pork butt for 7-8 hours, or until the bone comes out with no resistance. Allow the butt to cool, and then shred it with meat claws.
4. Mix the Brenda's Country Coleslaw seasoning, slaw mix, and mayo together.
5. Take an eggroll wrapper and lay it flat. Spoon in about 1 tbsp. of pulled pork.
6. Add 1 or 2 tsp. coleslaw on top of the pulled pork.
7. Roll the wrapper up and around the filling, folding the corners inward to create a loose roll. Using a small brush, lightly brush the edge of the seams with the scrambled egg to seal. Set roll aside. Continue the process until all wrappers have been rolled.
8. Preheat your Big Green Egg and Baking Stone to 425 degrees, convEGGtor in place.
9. Brush the eggrolls with the Scallion infused Olive Oil and arrange on the baking stone, seam side down.
10. Bake the eggrolls for 20 minutes, turning half-way through, or until golden brown.
11. Serve the eggrolls warm, with your choice of dipping sauce!
Easy, Braisey, Beautiful! 0
This Braised Pork Butt is too good to be true!
1 pork butt (4-5 pounds)
3-4 large baking potatoes (peeled and chunked)
2 cups baby carrots
3 tbsp. Tuscan Herb infused olive oil
1 large yellow onion (peeled and cut into chunks)
3 cloves Riesling Marinated Garlic (diced)
2 tbsp. Spicy BBQ Rub
1 bottle of Beer
2 cups water
1/2 cup Garlic infused Balsamic Vinegar
Fleur De Sel Salt (to taste)
Italian Cracked Black Pepper Blend (to taste)
1. Preheat your Big Green Egg to 300 degrees, ConvEGGtor in place.
2. Whisk your water and Garlic infused balsamic vinegar together in a saucepan over medium heat until just starting to boil.
3. Season your pork butt on all sides with the Fleur De Sel salt and Italian Cracked Black Pepper Blend.
4. On your stove top, heat your Dutch oven to medium-high heat.
5. Add the Tuscan Herb infused olive oil and the pork butt. Turn the pork butt every 3-5 minutes, browning it on all sides.
6. Remove the browned pork butt from the Dutch oven and sit aside.
7. Add the Riesling Marinated Garlic, Spicy BBQ Rub, and a pinch of salt and cook until the onions have softened.
8. Add the beer and deglaze the pan.
9. Place the pork butt back in the Dutch oven with the chunked potatoes and baby carrots, along with the Garlic balsamic and water mixture.
10. Place the top on the Dutch oven and put it in the Big Green Egg.
11. Braise the pork butt until tender, about 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
12. Remove the Dutch oven from the Egg, serve and ENJOY!
Mama Mia! 0
A quick and easy Margarita Pizza!
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. Fleur De Sel sea salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp. Garlic infused olive oil
1 cup crushed tomatoes
2-3 cloves Riesling Marinated Garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp. Basil infused olive oil
2-3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
7 oz. sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
2-3 tbsp. Sassy Italian Bread Dipper
2 tbsp. cornmeal
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
2. Stir in the milk and the Garlic infused olive oil until a dough forms.
3. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead 10 times. Shape the dough into a ball and let it rest for 10 minutes.
4. Preheat your oven and pizza stone to 550 degrees.
5. In a medium bowl, mix the tomatoes, minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of the Basil infused olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Sprinkle an aluminum pizza peel with the cornmeal. Gently roll your dough into a 10 to 12 inch circle and transfer to the pizza peel.
7. Brush the dough with the remaining Basil infused olive oil. Using a large spoon, add the tomato mixture to the top of your dough, leaving about a 1/2 inch boarder around the edge.
8. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese over the tomato mixture, then evenly lay out your mozzarella slices. Sprinkle the top with the Sassy Italian Bread Dipper.
9. Gently slide the pizza from the pizza peel onto the baking stone.
10. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and the edges are golden brown.
11. Remove the pizza from the oven and transfer to a cutting board. An additional drizzle of Basil infused olive oil can be added if so desired.
12. Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese, slice, and ENJOY!
This recipe can also be made on the Big Green Egg! Just don't forget your ConvEGGtor!
Hatch Back Mac and Cheese 0
A smoked Mac and Cheese with roasted Hatch Chilis, sure to spice up your next cookout!
16 oz. Macaroni Pasta
3 tbsp. Chipotle Olive Oil, divided
8 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup Flour
2 cups Milk
1 cup Creme Fraiche
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded Gouda cheese
1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
4 roasted Hatch Chili Peppers, diced
salt and pepper to taste
Directions:1. Prepare pasta according to directions on box. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
2. Set your EGG to 350 degrees, convEGGtor in place.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan, whisk in flour until a paste forms. Whisk in milk, creme fraiche, and nutmeg until smooth. Whisk in cheeses until completely melted. Add 1 tsp. paprika, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat.
4. Add pasta and Hatch chilis to cheese mixture. Toss together.
5. Add pasta to your Dutch oven.
6. In a separate bowl, mix the remaining olive oil, 1/2 tsp. paprika, and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over pasta.
7. Bake in the EGG for 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
8. Top with a little chili powder, and ENJOY!
- Nicke Harper
- Tags: Big Green Egg Chipotle EVOO ConvEGGtor Mac and Cheese recipes
Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers 0
20- 25 fresh Jalapeños
1 package The Resident Chef Jalapeño and Cheddar Cheeseball Mix
1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
8 oz. cream cheese
10-12 slices thick cut bacon
Directions:1. Wash the jalapeños in cool water.
2. Cut the jalapeños in half and remove the seeds. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and Jalapeño Cheddar Cheeseball mix together. Sit in refrigerator.
4. Cut the bacon into medium sized pieces and fry. Place pieces on paper towel to remove excess grease.
5. Take the jalapeño halves and spoon in the Jalapeño Cheddar Cheeseball.
6. Top each filled jalapeño half with bacon pieces.
7. Arrange the jalapeños on a perforated cooking grid.
8. Preheat the Big Green Egg to 350 degrees, with the convEGGtor in place.
9. Place the perforated cooking grid directly on the grate.
10. Cook for 20- 23 minutes.
11. Remove jalapeños from the Egg. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and ENJOY!
- Charlene Simon
- Tags: Big Green Egg ConvEGGtor Jalapeno Cheddar Cheeseball recipe The Resident Chef