Evilo Blog — Friday Favorites
Friday Favorites 0
At the top of our list this week, we highlight 2 new products that we are so excited about.
1. Bravado Spice Company Hot Sauces: Your wish is our command! Many of you asked for hot sauces, and we've found the perfect sauces to complement our oils and vinegars. We're happy to offer Bravado Spice Company's complete line of hot sauces. Crafted in Houston, TX, these sauces have more than just heat. They are bursting with fresh, bold flavors that you are going to love. Choose from the following options:
-- Crimson: This red sauce features red jalapeño and arbol peppers.
-- Pineapple and Habanero: A sweet and spicy combination of habanero peppers and pineapple and a dash of yellow bell peppers and garlic.
-- Jalapeno and Green Apple: Green apple elevates jalapeño and poblano peppers in this flavorful green sauce.
-- Ghost Pepper and Blueberry: For the truly adventurous, this sauce is spicy, unusual, and completely delicious. It combines blueberries, raspberries, ghost peppers, and black pepper.
2. What's Cookin' Cobblers: These decadent cobblers are made right here in Hot Springs, and they are flying off the shelves. We love them so much, and evidently you do too. We sold out last weekend, but not to worry, we are restocked for this weekend and Black Friday. Choose from these 3 heavenly flavors:
-- Chocolate Cobbler: This is so decadent and tastes great with vanilla ice cream. Drizzle one of our vinegars over the top, such as: Mocha Almond Fudge, Chocolate, Espresso, Maple, Pecan Praline, Vanilla, or Bordeaux Cherry Dark Balsamic Vinegar. Also, a little sprinkle of Vintage Merlot Finishing Salt tastes great, too.
-- Easy Peach Cobbler: Tastes better than mom's, but it's twice as easy to prepare. Top it off with some ice cream and then a drizzle of one of our vinegars, such as: Peach or Coconut White Balsamic or Pecan Praline, Vanilla, or Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegars.
-- Strawberry White Chocolate Cobbler: This winning combination will taste great with a drizzle of our Chocolate or Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar or Strawberry White Balsamic Vinegar.
3. Holiday Lights at Garvan Woodland Gardens: It's that time!! Holiday Lights kicks off on Saturday at Garvan Woodland Gardens. This event continues until December 31.
Make it a great weekend!
- Lisa Emmert
- Tags: Bordeaux Cherry Dark Balsamic Vinegar Bravado Spice Company Hot Sauces Chocolate Dark Balsamic Vinegar Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar Espresso Dark Balsamic Vinegar Friday Favorites Garvan Gardens Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar Mocha Almond Fudge Dark Balsamic new product Peach White Balsamic Vinegar Pecan Praline Dark Balsamic Vinegar Strawberry White Balsamic Vinegar Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar Vintage Merlot Sea Salt What's Cookin' Cobblers
Friday Favorites, 11/11/16 0
It finally feels like Fall outside, and it's going to be a beautiful weekend to celebrate our Veterans. Here's what we are loving this weekend:
Veteran's Day Memorial Service 2016: This service honors those that served and are serving right now. The ceremony will be held at the Garland County Veterans Memorial and Military Park.
Garvan Woodland Gardens: At last we're seeing a little Fall color outside, so it is the perfect time to walk the trails at Garvan. In addition to enjoying the beautiful outdoors, Garvan Woodland Gardens is hosting two events this weekend: Art and Wine with Dee Garrett and Herbs for Winter Workshop.
Bread Dippers: Our item of the week is our selection of bread dippers. These blends are perfect for sprinkling over our olive oils and enjoying with some warm, home-baked bread. We have a variety of blends for every preference. While you're out enjoying the weekend, stop by the shop to find your favorite. They also make great gifts or stocking stuffers for any foodies on your list.
Thanks to all who serve! Have a great weekend!
- Lisa Emmert
- Tags: Bread Dippers Friday Favorites Garvan Gardens Item of the Week Veteran's Day
Friday Favorites 10/21/16 0
Welcome to another fabulous weekend in Hot Springs! Finally, it feels like Fall and it’s almost Halloween. That means bonfires, haunted houses, football, tailgating, hiking, and more. Whatever your plans for this weekend, we hope you have a great time. If your activities bring you downtown, stop in and sample some of our delicious oils and vinegars. Here is what we are loving this weekend:
Celebrate Fall in the Gardens at Garvan Woodland Gardens takes place Saturday from 9 am until noon. This family event features trick-or-treating, treasure hunting, a pumpkin patch and more. Dress in costume and bring the whole family.
Flights of oils and vinegars. Once again, you can choose your own flight of oils and/or vinegars. Choose 3 100-milliliter bottles for $30 or 2 200-milliliter bottles for $33. This is the perfect opportunity to get started on your holiday gift shopping.
Netflix and snacking. If your weekend plans include curling up to watch scary movies, you’ll need munchies! Our Butter-Infused EVOO, White Truffle EVOO, and Garlic Mushroom EVOO taste great drizzled over popcorn. Top it off with a little Italian Black Truffle Sea Salt.
Make it a great weekend!!
Friday Favorites 10/14/16 0
Once again, there is a variety of things going on this weekend, so get out there and enjoy the Fall weather.
1. Mrs. Arkansas 2017 Pageant: October 15, 7pm at the Hot Springs Convention Center. Our very EvilO family members Charlene and DeeDee contend for the title of Mrs. Arkansas 2017. Come on out to support them along with us! We will be closing early on Saturday night to join them for this special night.
2. Hot Springs Oktoberfest: October 14-15, Hill Wheatly Plaza. Features Bavarian beer, cuisine, and entertainment.
3. Valley of the Vintage: October 14 and 15 at Whittington Place, 301 Whittington Ave. Juried vendors showcase vintage treasures and hand-crafted keepsakes.
4. Spice It Up: Our product of the week is this flavorful spice includes garlic, onion, paprika, turmeric, pepper, organic lemon peel, salt, and sugar. It’s perfect to enhance eggs and omelets, soups and chowders, burgers, meatloaf, garlic toast, salads, pasta, vegetables, poultry, meat, or fish. Visit us this weekend to sample Spice It Up.
- Lisa Emmert
- Tags: Friday Favorites Mrs. Arkansas Oktoberfest spice blend Spice It Up Valley of the Vintage
Friday Favorites 10/7/16 0
Fall is in the air and once again, it’s going to be a beautiful weekend in Hot Springs. Here’s what we are excited about this weekend:
Garlic Mushroom EVOO: It’s back!!!!!! Our Garlic Mushroom EVOO is THE best seller among our oils, and it’s back in stock just in time for the weekend. Garlic compliments almost every dish and this specific oil has a dreamy earthiness that sets it apart. While you are out and about this weekend, come downtown and grab a bottle or two.
Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival: This popular Hot Springs annual event is celebrating its 25th year. Opening night is already sold out, but there are still MANY great events to attend. Check their website for a schedule of all the festivities.
Hot Springs Arts and Crafts Fair: This juried event began in 1968 and has grown to include over 400 artisans. It’s a great place to get a head start on your Christmas shopping.
Enjoy your adventures this weekend, and if you are downtown, drop by and see us!
Friday Favorites 9/30/16 0
It’s shaping up to be a spectacular weekend with cooler temperatures and tons of fun events. Downtown Hot Springs will be alive with music and magic this weekend. While you’re downtown enjoying the festivities, don’t forget to stop by EvilO to try something new and delicious! Here’s what’s on our radar this weekend:
Hot Water Hills Music and Arts Festival: Featuring music and local artists, this festival takes place downtown Friday and Saturday. Scheduled acts include: Bonus, Sad Daddy, Rpnnie Heart, Sinkane, and many more!
Maxwell Blade Festival of Magic: You won’t want to miss some of the best magicians at this year’s festival held at the Maxwell Blade Theatre of Magic and Horner Hall at the Convention Center. Acts include: Ariann Black, Shawn Farquhar, Daryl, Scott Davis, Paul Prater, Derrick & Jon, Michael Finney, and of course, Maxwell Blade.
Item of the week, Himalayan Salt Trays and Serving Platters: We love these for cooking and serving appetizers on game day and for other get togethers. We have some in stock and ready for you to snap up.
Make it a great weekend!!
- Lisa Emmert
- Tags: Festival of Magic Friday Favorites Himalayan Salt Trays Hot Water Hills