EvilO Recipe: Orange Spiked Double Chocolate Muffins
One of our favorite pairings is Blood Orange EVOO with Chocolate Dark Balsamic Vinegar. As our manager Derek says, it tastes just like a chocolate/orange Tootsie Roll. Blood Orange EVOO pairs well with all things chocolate. Use it in brownies, chocolate cake, or chocolate cupcakes. Here is a recipe for delicious chocolate muffins featuring our Blood Orange EVOO. Let us know how you like them!
Orange Spiked Double Chocolate Muffins
(adapted from Isa Chandra Moskowitz’s Mocha Chip Muffin recipe)
Makes 12 muffins
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup Blood Orange EVOO
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients (flour through salt).
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (milk through yogurt).
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and combine until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill muffin tins almost to the top.
5. Bake 18 – 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Lisa Emmert